Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Week in Writing #4

Working an 8 to 5 or 9 to 6 job and writing is difficult. And throw in a couple of birthdays, actually three family birthdays in three days, and time gets even tighter.

One of my goals for the week was to send off more submissions. I made a point of sending five on my birthday, which was Wednesday. Got a rejection back in a little over 5 hours, so I'm plus four. I did some more research and found a few more agents to query, so I'll try to keep at it this week.

Spent one night working on my book and got through about 1400 words, so I need to do better next week. This isn't the one I'm working with an editor on, but one I'm going through myself before having someone else tell me everything that's wrong with it. Funny as it may sound, I really like hearing everything that needs to be done to make any work I do better; fiction or reviews.

I found myself spending a lot of time working on future reviews for Trophy Unlocked. I don't know why but I couldn't stop working on His Girl Friday most of the week. It ended up being about 2600 words. I finished another one, this time Dracula, that will appear next month in our salute to horror films. The Dracula one ended up being about 3400 words and should appear next Friday on Trophy Unlocked.

So all in all, I guess I did about 7000 words or my thousand a day; just some weeks don't seem as productive as others.

Next week, I need to do some research for another future post and get back into my mystery novel. I'll report on that next week.

In the meantime, keep being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment