Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.
Powers Squared is coming out with a new issue on August 26th. To celebrate, our most recent podcast was devoted to a very brief preview of the issue, "Agnes: Wreckage, Part 1", the 28th issue of the book series. Colorist Julia Canon joined Trevor, Paul and myself to talk about it. Normally, we would invite the artist to join us, but we had a parting of ways after the lineart was completed.
In the issue, Agnes Miller, the boys' former science instructor at San Romero Community College, tried to help her paramour Dr. Atlas in his experiments. But an overdose gives her powers that she cannot control. In need of help, Dr. Atlas turns to Marty and Eli Powers for help. The issue will be available in print and digital through The Campus Store on our website.
The podcast can be watched on our twitch channel for the next few days, or be listened to here, or you can wait and watch it on our YouTube channel on Wednesday the 19th at 2:30 pm.
We've also noticed some sound issues with the podcast, and we're going to bring in some new audio equipment, hoping to rectify the situation.
We showed up officially as guests on the LA Comic-Con website, only some of the information is really old, like they have us with a Twitter account and we, Powers Squared, or myself, haven't had one for several years. I've asked them to correct. But it's still cool to see yourself on the website. Hope to see you there at the Con.
Speaking of social media, I'm hearing that Facebook is going to start requiring users to pay to post more than two posts with links a month, starting in December. For those of you who find this from Facebook, please know I won't be paying. You are free to follow me on Bluesky (@lionsroar91406bluesky.social), where I'll post the links, or on Facebook, where I'll post the links to this blogsite in my profile.
My plan was to work on Blackmail this week, and I did work on it most nights, though some nights is less than others. I've got less than 100 pages to go and I'm at 90,043 words at the moment. After this exercise, I want to go through it looking for certain subjects to be sure I'm not repeating the same thought too many times.
I'm currently working on a review of 99 River Street, a film noir from 1953. As always, no idea when it will be published, though I have heard that my Second Screening review of Citizen Kane may be getting a prominent publication on Trophy Unlocked. In the meantime, the Saturday Morning Review was Paul's for Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender.
Next week, more work on Blackmail and prep for the next release of Powers Squared.
Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment