Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.
I can't say I got as much writing done this past week as I wanted to. Part of that was do to recovering from San Diego Comic-Con and just sort of taking some time off. This was also newsletter week, so what time I did spend on writing was mostly taken up with that. One of the things we announced in the newsletter was the release at the end of the month of Powers Squared issue #28, "Agnes Wreckage, Part 1". We're looking at August 26th. If you'd like to be notified, we do send out The Bark for such ocassions, if you're subscribed to the newsletter, which you're always invited to do.Our artist has been sending pages throughout the week, mostly the last two pages of the next issue. Our procedure is that she sends sketches and we give comments. Sometimes it's one and done but a lot of the time it takes multiple back and forths, but I think we're just about done with the lineart for issue #30.
One thing we managed to do this past week was watch The Odyssey in 70mm IMAX, which is apparently the preferred way to watch it. My review went up today on Trophy Unlocked. But, of course, this was not the only review this week on the site. The Saturday Morning review was Trevor's review of Ballerina (2025) or as it is also known as From the World of John Wick: Ballerina. We recently got into the John Wick franchise, and, of course, watched them all and have spent five of the last six weeks going through them, one by one.
I started a review of The Big House yesterday, so I hope to finish that in the coming week.
Our podcast this week was OAPS #362 - SDCC 2026 Recap, in which Trevor, Paul and I discuss our recent trip to SDCC, from panels to merch. It's available on our twitch channel for the next few days, or you can listen to it here, or wait until Wednesday at 2:30 pm PDT to watch it on our YouTube channel. We still have, I believe, one more video before we totally move on from the Con.
I regret to announce that our scheduled guest for next week cancelled on us, so we're left a little bit hanging at the moment. I guess it's better to know now than say Friday afternoon, but it's still a disappointment, since we've had it scheduled for several weeks now. While I won't name names, I will say that I don't plan to ask them again to be on the show.
I had an update I wanted to make to Blackmail, and that has led me to re-reading it, which I've started to do, and so I'm currently giving a third or fourth go-through, making changes and edits as I go. I started on Friday and now I've gone through 8 chapters, so prepare yourself to be hearing about it for the next few weeks.
So, this coming week, we're going to start sending out formal invitations to creators we talked to at SDCC. I also need to finish my review of The Big House and I want to work some more on Blackmail.
Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment