Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Week in Writing #32

It hasn't been a bad week, but I wouldn't say this has been my most productive. It started out pretty well. I made the edits to the final chapters of Public and Private, except I still need a new last line/ending. Hoped it would come to me, but it really hasn't yet. Need to finish this week.

The week also started out on a positive note as a recently queried agent wanted to see more of A Killer Blog. I have to admit, that felt encouraging after so many non-responses. I keep saying I'm going to do more querying, but that is really very time consuming. When I only have a little time to write, I'd rather do than query. At least writing seems comforting and of the two is something I have some control over.

For the second time in a couple of weeks, didn't write a movie review, though I did post one on Trophy Unlocked for Other Men's Women (1931) http://trophyunlocked.blogspot.com/2015/04/stubs-other-mens-women.html. Doing a whole pre-code theme in April, starting with Sinners' Holiday last week.

This Friday's movie was actually a British TV production of King Lear (2009), starring Ian McKellen in the title role. The movie was a long and rather incomprehensible 156 minutes. While it does tell the story of the play, it might have been better to have done it in mime, as the dialogue was very fast and hard to understand. We took two nights to finish it, so I decided against spending any more time with the film.

Did some work on another script for our non-existent comic book, PowerSquared. Wrote Part 1 and am into Part 2 of the new story (about 3700 words so far). Going to Comic Con again this year hoping again to find an artist/collaborator there. If nothing works out this time, I'm going to have to change tactics. Isn't there a saying that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity? I don't think I'm insane. Does writing a blog that no one reads like talking to yourself? Isn't that a sign of insanity? So maybe I am.

This coming week, the plan is to finish Public and Private, finish the comic book script and then hopefully get back to Familiar Stranger (remember that one?). That's the plan, I'll write about the realities next week, even if no one else cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment