Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Week in Writing #29

Shifted gears this week and started working on rewriting the ending of Public and Private, based on comments and advice from my editor. By Thursday I had rewritten about 4415 words, which is about halfway. It had been a long time since I've actually read through the manuscript, so it felt good to get back to it. I'm hoping to complete the rewrite next week and send it back to my editor.

On Saturday, I completed a 2100 plus word review of Sinner's Holiday (1930) for a future post, James Cagney's first film. Not quite a gangster film, though it has a lot of the elements Warner Bros. would use as they defined the genre throughout the 1930s. Meanwhile, I posted a review of This Island Earth on Trophy Unlocked, which you can read here:
http://trophyunlocked.blogspot.com/2015/03/stubs-this-island-earth.html  It's part of Space Month on the blog.

This weekend, I sent out a couple of queries for Past Present. These are supposedly new agents looking to build their lists. It's always a crap shoot. More often than not, this will be the last time I communicate with these agents. I try not to take it personally, but sometimes you think it's never going to happen.

Still, I keep hoping that the next book or the next query will be the one that gets a reaction. Have to keep at it. Have to not give up. This is still the dream. And I still have to pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment