Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Week in Writing #28

Writing is sort of like a muscle that you have to keep active or it gets stiff. While my back felt good enough to sit down long enough to write, it was hard to get back into the swing of rewriting Familiar Stranger. After three days, I only managed a little under 1400 words; far below my 1000 words a day goal. I was hoping to get back into the swing of things over the weekend, but that never materialized.

I was able to get some writing done this weekend, but mostly it was a 2000 word review of Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948; another future post. I did post a review of the campy Queen of Outer Space on Trophy Unlocked; part of Space month. You can read it here: 
http://trophyunlocked.blogspot.com/2015/03/stubs-queen-of-outer-space.html. Feel free to leave a comment.

In querying news, I heard back from an agent a month after I wrote them off as non-responsive or DNR. Since I had already written them off, I wasn't really surprised by the rejection. I guess I should be happy they actually wrote something. This week, five other queries moved into the DNR pile: 4 for Past Present and 1 for A Killer Blog. Not a word from any of them after about 8 weeks.

I had hoped to send some queries this weekend, but that didn't happen for a number of reasons (Blame Pi(e) Day). Still no word from the agent with the manuscript, even after a nudge a few weeks ago. Not sure what to make out of that.

I did hear back from my editor after about a month.  He really has some good ideas and we've been writing back and forth about changes I need to make for the ending. I'll probably be switching gears on my rewrites and concentrating on Public and Private instead of Familiar Stranger. The goal is to make it better and this is the closest manuscript I have to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment