Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Week in Writing #27

This has been a very unproductive week in writing. Last Sunday afternoon, I pulled my back. It is amazing how much pain can occupy your mind. When it hurts to sit for too long, writing is a painful process, no matter how much you want to get done. Plans for rewrites and querying took a backseat to the pain.

This Sunday, a week later, is the first time I've been able to sit for very long without pain. So this was sort of a wash of a week, especially when it comes to the fiction aspect of my writing. No new queries, but still no word from nudging the agent with the manuscript. I have to admit I don't have a great feeling about it. I'm more than willing to make rewrites if she thinks they're necessary, but I don't know if I'll get that chance from her.

No word from my editor on his notes for the ending of Public and Private. When I last heard from him, about a month ago, he seemed on the verge of sending me notes, which I am still waiting anxiously for.

I did keep up with the blogging, posting a review of Star Trek: The Motion Picture to Trophy Unlocked as a salute to Leonard Nimoy and the start of Space Month on the blog. I also managed to write a little over 2000 words about Othello (1995), the film we watched this past Friday. (This is the only writing I've done this past week.) I'm hoping to cull the Shakespearean film reviews into a month log review-a-thon at some point in the future.

I'm still anxious to get back to Familiar Stranger. Even though I haven't been writing, the story is never too far from my thoughts. I hope this next week to make up for some of the lost time this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment