Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Week in Writing #25

Another query went yellow, which is the color I use on my spreadsheet to designate DNRs (Did Not Responds). The longer I do this, the less upset I am, but it's still disappointing not knowing anything good or bad from an agent.

Things got busy and I didn't follow up with the agent with my manuscript. Can't always get to everything you want to I'm afraid.

On Friday, entered #PitchMadness, a Twitter based pitch session. It sounds like an elimination sort of contest, a la The Voice, but I thought it was worth a shot. Pitches had to be 35 words or less. Submitted two entries, the two books I already have completed: A Killer Blog and Past Present.

For A Killer Blog came up with the pitch:

A dysfunctional couple, ex-fiancées, he a PI and she a LAPD detective, have to work together to solve a murder.

For Past Present:

A Los Angeles private investigator gets romantically involved with the mistress of the man he’s following and gets targeted for murder as a result.

Rewrites continue on Familiar Stranger. I've written up to the point where I had the roadblock before. I'm thinking about going back to some of the original concept I had, but I'm not going to give up this time. I'm determined to get through it.

Published one new review: Foreign Correspondent, part of a year long look back at 1940 films. Also worked on a new one for Boyhood, which I only recently viewed. Decided not to worry about trying to publish ahead of the Academy Awards,  but I would like to publish next week. My only pretense about trying to look somewhat current.

No comments:

Post a Comment