Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Week in Writing #24

I really think I made some good progress on the rewrite of Familiar Stranger. Some days I can get more done than others. More than halfway done, but I know the major rewrites still await. I've slogged through them before without satisfaction, which is why I started again.

No new queries from me and none have expired. There is one that I'm curious about. A couple of weeks ago, I queried an agent that had up until then been one of those who responds back yeah or ney within hours if not minutes. But no response either way. I'm not sure what that means, I'd like to think for some reason they didn't get it, so I could query again.

On Friday, the 13th, received rejection from agent I queried about A Killer Blog back on October 22nd, stating that she is "not the right agent for this work." She must be very behind on her rejections, since I had written her off as a DNR back in December. I guess I'm supposed to admire her follow through.

Still no word back from the agent with the manuscript. I might as well cut and paste that from one post to another. I wrote my editor about it, since he used to work for an agent and he didn't think that was unusual, though he thought I could nudge after two months. I hate to admit, I sort of chickened out, but I'll say I ran out of time to send a gentle nudge.

Last week's post on The Birth of a Nation proved to be unpopular judging by the pageviews on Trophy Unlocked, which just goes to show that 100 year old racist films aren't a priority anymore. When will I ever learn.

Posted a new review of The Story of Temple Drake (1933), one of the quintessential Pre-Code films as it deals with rape and murder. Again, not an explosion of pageviews, but I think it's a well-written piece; at least I hope it is.

Wrote a future review for The Merchant of Venice (2004) and working on one for Romeo & Juliet (1968). Circumstances being what they are, we're watching a lot of films based on Shakespeare plays, so I thought I'd put them all together when we're done; so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Well, that's about it for my week in writing. So until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment