Sunday, September 15, 2024

A Week in Writing #526 - COVID/Flu Vaccinations


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

As I've mentioned before, Powers Squared will be at L.A. Comic-Con in October. That was part of the reason we decided this past Friday to get our Covid and Flu Vaccinations. And while we were aware that there would be side effects, none of expected that it would pretty much lay us up for Saturday. The vaccines are a good idea for everyone, but just beware it's going to kick Covid and the flu, but your own ass a little bit, too.

So, if you're going to be attending L.A. ComicCon, please look us up using this handy little map.



And, if you're coming on Sunday, please check out our panel, Under the Radar. It's at noon on Sunday in room 406A. (And, yes, I'm aware Steve Prince's name is mispelled and the app will be updated.) We're going to have a podcast with all of the participants on the 27th, so that might be fun to watch.

On the subject of Powers Squared, we had a good session on Sunday afternoon, going over sketches by our new artist, Jen Moreno. She started work on Issue #28 "Agnes Wreckage" (working title) and Paul and I had a call with her going over the pages. Good stuff.

Because of the side-effects, mentioned above, no new review this week from me. We instead watched Shorts 2, a collection from Mystery Science Theater 3000. My review of The First Auto was the Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked. And, if  you missed it, like I did, there was a Wednesday is Game Day review of 20 Small Mazes, written by Trevor.

On our Friday podcast, On the Air with Powers Squared, we interviewed James Salvani, a comic book artist and writer, best known for his work on the Darkwing Duck comic books. He talked about his career as well as his new Kickstarter for Pirates: A Graphic History. (That's a link to the Kickstarter).  If you'd like to hear the podcast, you can listen here, or you can wait and watch it on Wednesday at 2:30 pm PDT here.

To round out the week, I started editing on Skylar. This is my favorite part of the writing process, editing my own work, and trying to make it better. I've gone through about 154 pages so far and that will be my primary project next week.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment