Sunday, September 8, 2024

A Week in Writing #525 - 10 Years of Weeks


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

Well, I'm going to consider this my 10th anniversary for writing this blog. I think the first post came out on September 1, 2014, but my first A Week in Writing was the 7th. If you're looking for some retrospective or a detail of what I've learned in that time, I'm going to disappoint you. What I've learned in the past ten years is not to give up. You've got to keep trying, keep moving forward and not stop. If your dream is to write, then you've got to write.

Before getting on with it though, I do want to thank my son Paul, who has been the editor on this blog for its entire run. It would be gibberish without him.

Since this blog is supposed to be about the past week, we're going to discuss that.

While this blog is celebrating it's 10th anniversary, we just did our 260th On the Air with Powers Squared. Since we've had him on the show seven times before, we decided to celebrate the milestone with Lucas Scheffel, a comic book creator from Australia. We talked about his projects, his recent con appearances and even his son's own book Pepperoni Man. But in a change of pace, we also discussed "Family Affair" Parts 1 and 2. You can listen to our conversation here or watch it on Wednesday at 2:30 pm on our YouTube channel.

During the week, we reviewed Julia's sketches for her final six pages of Issue #27. I believe I mentioned this previously, but Julia and Jen will be trading jobs on the book. Hopefully, we can get the issue completed by the end of the year.

Let's move on to Trophy Unlocked. This week, I had two reviews on the blog. The Saturday Morning Review was mine for Chaplin (1992). On Saturday, we went to see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, so I wrote the review for that film and it went up this morning. I also started a review of Professional Sweetheart, but I'm not done with that one yet.

Since we were going to review Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, I thought I would take a look at my older review of Beetlejuice. At the end of the review was an outdated link to Warner Bros's Archive site, so I removed it. Apparently, removing that led to the blogger.com people pulling the review, referring it saying it "was flagged to us for review. We have determined that it violates our guidelines..." Huh? Editing is a violation of their guidelines? Apparently, we were spamming??? Anyway, it apparently righted itself and the post is back up.

And, if that wasn't enough, I believe I've finished the first draft of Skylar. I'm hoping net week to start editing. I believe there are still holes, but it's time to get on with it.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment