Sunday, July 30, 2023

A Week in Writing #467 - Blame Comic-Con

Hope everyone is staying safe and, of course, writing.

I'm coming to you this week with hat in hand. This week didn't go as planned. I'm blaming an SDCC hangover, but I never seemed to get into the groove this week on practically anything. My brain would get pretty much instantly foggy when I got around to writing so rather than wear down the battery on the laptop, I put it back and sat in near inert stupor. Not a pleasant sight, let me tell you.

No surprise, there was no work on Skylar or even the new story idea I had.

By Thursday, I was awake enough to do some work on queries, including more research on possible agents; closing down three that had past expirations and managed to send one out before calling it a night. So far, no outward signs of rejection, so I'll take that as a maybe.

On the Powers Squared front, little has been happening. Our artist and colorist are supposed to turn in their work for the month on Monday, so nothing, thankfully, to review. We're several issues ahead on the writing so there's not much to do there, so there's a lot of waiting around.

We did talk a bit about SDCC during our Friday OAPS podcast (audio, video) in addition to catching up on the book. Paul also posted a video about the exclusives and signings, called SDCC 2023 Haul.

Speaking of podcasts, we've lined up David Petersen, the artist and creator of Mouse Guard for our August 11th show. We go live Fridays at 6 pm at twitch.tv/powerssquared. That might be one you'll want to see.

Actually wrote a new review for Trophy Unlocked: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One. Blame SDCC but our movie watching has been thrown off so we're sort of behind on new films. We're playing catch up. We haven't scheduled Barbie yet but the first showing we could make to Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX isn't until 8/12 and then there's TMNT coming out this week as well.  Not sure when the MI review will come out but probably this week. And the DVR just gets fuller with B-movies.

The Saturday Morning Review was Trevor's for Alice in Wonderland (1951); we were a couple of days off of its New York premiere date which is why it seemed like the right time to post it.

I will have to do better next week.

Well, that about does it for me. I'll see back here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment