Sunday, April 4, 2021

A Week in Writing #345 - When Things Don't Go As Planned


Hope everyone is staying safe and writing.

Let's start with what didn't go as planned. I did not send out a new query this week, even though I said I would. Now, I don't have a great, that is a meaningful, excuse for not doing it. I watched a movie that night, Godzilla vs. Kong, at home, and wrote a review for it instead of sending out a query. When I wrote out my plan for the week, I didn't take this into account.

The next day, I actually had the day off from work and we watched another movie, Zack Snyder's Justice League, and then The Peanuts Movie that night. Friday night is not really a writing night for me anyway. I'm hoping to make good this week, though I am planning on watching Mank on Thursday night, so no promises.

This leads nicely into Trophy Unlocked. During the week we were leading up to the Godzilla movie with a couple of reviews, including Paul's review of Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Trevor's April Fool's but very real review of King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) (American Cut). My review of Godzilla vs. Kong was the Saturday Morning review and Paul's review of the four-hour Justice League went up today.

We watched a movie last night, The Guardman (1931) but I haven't started a review of it yet. I was too tired to do it and had other work to do today to get to it.

So, I didn't send my query for Broken People but I did do some work on Skylar. Currently, I'm still going back through it, making changes as a sort of running start to continue writing the story. A couple of changes here and there. I'm liking having changed the description of the Skylar character. I think it makes it better. I did get through a couple of chapters this week, so I am making progress there.

On Powers Squared, we did receive new pencils from our artist, new completed pages from our letterer, and newly colored pages as well. So a lot of reviewing and comments. Funny how busy things can get with the book all at once. We did discover one thing that needed to be changed. We didn't catch it until after the letterer finished, so sort of a re-do for everyone. Something minor but it's the little things sometimes that seem to matter the most.

This week, we had a new guest on On the Air with Powers Squared, Jon Dexter contacted us about being on the show, the first one to ask, so we couldn't say no. He has a Kickstarter going on right now. You can listen to the podcast at https://powerssquaredcomicbook.com/oaps. And you can support his Kickstarter if you want at https://tinyurl.com/9bpzjpnn.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment