Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Week in Writing #251


Sometimes a week in writing is a week of taking care of the business side of things and not the creative. Such was my past week. I seem to remember I was busy but I don't have all that much to show for it.

Let's start with what I did do, which isn't much and won't take long to write about. I did some work on my review for Sabrina, completing the synopsis and working some on a new review for Their Own Desires (1929), an early talkie starring Norma Shearer and Robert Montgomery. I had recently seen the film was playing on TCM and since we don't have a lot of early talkies and no Norma Shearer films on Trophy Unlocked, I thought it would be a good idea to see it. We watched it on Friday night and I started to work on the review on Saturday afternoon.

This past Saturday, Trophy Unlocked celebrated with its 950th, a re-review of  Tangled by Paul, who started the blog about eight and a half years ago. The day before, we published Trevor's review of the recent release Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. On Sunday, we published my review of Men In Black: International, a new release we saw on Friday afternoon. So that's about it for this week's creativity.

No new rewrites on The Runaway and no new queries on Broken People.

No new pages for Powers Squared, which isn't really all that unusual for the middle of the month. Most of the activity seems to be at the beginning and ending every month.

That doesn't mean nothing happened on Powers Squared, just nothing exciting. This has been more a week of behind the scenes things. Spent some time on Monday registering a couple of issues for copyright. This is probably something I needlessly sat on but it had to be done.

Paul and I then spent some time talking about tiers and rewards for the Kickstarter we're planning for next month. Nothing finalized but at least we're thinking about what we should be doing. We're trying to make plans for what we can offer but we're open, so if you have any ideas on what you'd like from a Kickstarter for a comic book, please leave a comment.

I also spent some time listening to podcasts from ComixLaunch. Still wanting to build up our mailing list. You are, of course, welcomed to join our mailing list at  https://mailchi.mp/9ac7714b0aaa/powerssquaredcomicbook.

Did some very basic research on representation for the comic book, The advise we were given at the Ground Zero Animation Expo wasn't quite true. No one will talk to you without an agent, especially a network. Don't think I'm going to have the time to concentrate on this really until after the Kickstarter.  Too much to do and so little time.






No comments:

Post a Comment