Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Week in Writing #93

Well, not a red letter week for writing, with insomnia taking a toll. A couple of mornings this past week it was all I could do to get up let alone be creative at 6 in the morning. It was so bad that I was up at two on the first tweeting out about films that had come out on that date in the past, something I would have done later in the morning.

The lack of sleep is something that dogs me from time to time and there are definitely better days and weeks than others. This past week was not a good one for me from that point of view. And not only does the morning suffer, but so do the nights.

Unhappily, the nights have not been encumbered by too much work on the comic book. Deliveries have been slow at least from my end. That's not to say that there hasn't been some progress, but not as much as I or we would want. I sort of threw down the gauntlet challenging the artist, colorist and letterer to complete part one by Comic-Con, which is July 20th, so hopefully the pace will quicken. The downside of the artist and colorist being offshore is that it's hard to rally the troops so to speak. I can't pick up the phone and call them as an example. And there is the time difference since as I write this it is really tomorrow where they are.

Did make some progress on the rewrite of Simple Sins, meaning I've gotten through the first 220 pages with edits and I have printed out the rest, though I have yet to start into those pages as of this writing. I also started to make some notes on a new comic book based on our recent escape room experience.

No new queries and nothing new to report on the one that I've submitted. I don't know if it's too soon or the agent, a "he", doesn't like it. That's what I hate about the "only if we're interested" clause with queries to many agents nowadays.

Did manage to publish a Saturday morning review on Trophy Unlocked for Three Men in White (1944) and did begin work on a new one for Alice in Wonderland (1933), an early live-action version of the film.

For the coming week, I'm hoping to get my sleep in order and hopefully get more productive as a result. I need to send out more queries, as no one is going to "find" me if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment