Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Week in Writing #68

It's official, the holdays are winning out. My writing this week has been restricted to writing one review for Star Wars (1977), which I published on Saturday. The review has had just under 90 page views as of this writing. Sadly, that's my biggest count since The Picture of Dorian Gray in October. I put that down to the subject matter, which is not surprisingly popular at the moment.

Still,  I'm disappointed that it was all I could squeeze out over the week. Still working on one for The Empire Strikes Back, currently I'm about 2000 words in, but I'm pretty sure that will be all I get to. Since I've given myself a deadline to publish, I have to write it. But there is so much to do and so little time it seems.

Did make some progress on the comic book, but that's been mostly reviewing a few submissions and sending some emails to potential artists.

I don't want to be too hard on myself. Sadly, I'm not a professional writer and I have to make time to write. I have a half-hour window in the morning, if I don't oversleep, and maybe an hour at night. In between I'm either in traffic or at work for about 12 hours a day, so I can do a lot of thinking about stories, but not write on them.

I'm hoping to get more time between the holidays, but until then I'll do what I can and what I have to; which includes this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment