Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Week in Writing #40

Finally heard from my editor on Public and Private after about a month. He's also a musician who is on tour and had my manuscript on his phone, which got destroyed. Resent the book. Glad I wasn't waiting on him to have something to do.

Did something I've never done before; sent a tweet to the agent who has had my A Killer Blog manuscript since last September. Either she is the slowest reader or the rudest person not to have gotten back to me since December. I hope it's the former. But she's really active on twitter, so I'd thought I'd try nudging in 124 characters. Not sure how well that will be received, but I will, of course, let you know. (Update: Sent on Tuesday morning, but no response by Sunday p.m. Not sure what will get through. Oh to have a carrier pigeon.)

Spent my writing time working on Familiar Stranger rewrites. Almost to the half way point 46,686 of 95,343 words. I'm trying to work on it whenever I have a chance. Trying to work on it in the morning before I go to work and for about an hour at night. Making good progress, at least I think I am. Hoping in another month I'll be done. But of course, life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Getting closer to Comic-Con. Looking forward to it with wonder and dread. Still waiting for the announcement about the Comic Creator Connection. Really want to find someone to draw PowerSquared this time.

Posted a review of Laura  on Trophy Unlocked in honor of  the upcoming Summer of Darkness on TCM. Spent Saturday and Sunday working on a future post for The Magnificent Seven (1960); 3000+ words. Not sure when I'm going to post it, but I didn't want to waste such a good Western.

Other than tweeting the agent this week, no new queries or rejections. That's part of the business I can never seem to find the time to do. I sometimes think it's making the choice to write or to query. There always seems to be something I regret every week in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment