Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Week in Writing #39

I keep having nights where I can't sleep. I hate to say it one of the recurring thoughts is that writing is never going to happen for me. I try to put those thoughts out of my head and if I really can't sleep, get up and write. There is always hell to pay the next day, though.

This week when I couldn't sleep, I also updated my query log. Two more moved from the lush green of query and potential to the pale yellow of no response. Red is reserved for out and out rejections. Green is hope and red is despair. Yellow is sort of middle ground. I don't remember a yellow turning green again, but there is always hope, I guess. Decided to give an agent's request for a partial 3 months to respond instead of the 4 to 6 weeks his assistant indicated in her email. It's only three chapters, but that way I can keep hope alive. I like that.

Most of my writing time this week was spent on Familiar Stranger, trying to plug away at a final rewrite before moving on. There are other ideas I want to work on, but I feel like I have to get this finished before I can.

Still marveling at the response to my blog post two weeks back about Blackboard Jungle. It's had the most pageviews of anything on Trophy Unlocked this year and when I add in the TCM CFU views, it's over 1000, which is more than I'm used to. I still don't know if it's the movie, or something I've done to promote it. There are no comments at either place to give me any sort of hint.

Published three posts this week, a Celebration of the 600th post on Trophy Unlocked, which was Avengers: Age of Ultron; a review of Cause for Alarm! to celebrate TCM's upcoming Summer of Darkness; and a review of Tomorrowland, which opened this past weekend.

I always wish I could write more, but there are so many sleepless hours in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment