Sunday, July 18, 2021

A Week in Writing #360 - What am I doing?


Hope everyone is well and writing. At least, that's what I think I've been doing.

Have you ever had weeks like that, when you look back and realize that you hadn't done everything you wanted to do? I know that feels like me every week and, sadly, this one is no different.

It wasn't until I sat down to write this that I realized I hadn't worked on Skylar at all this past week. I don't think I'd ever really thought about it, except in passing and apparently didn't work on it at all. This doesn't mean that I'm done with it, only this past week I never had a chance to work on it.

This entire week, I felt like I was losing time, and as we know, there is never enough of that to go around. The fun part is that I can never remember where the time went. I mean, I sit down every night and something gets done but when I look back it seems like nothing got done.

Of course, no new queries. Thursday night, the night I set aside for this, was a no-go this week. I'm not going to promise anything this week as I hate to disappoint. But when I do again, I'll report back here, but no more empty promises going forward. I feel like I'm letting you down along with myself.

I finally finished my review of Ace in the Hole, which was harder than I expected. Now I'm working on one for The Trouble with Harry. As per usual, no ETA for when these will appear. Things got a little shook up on Trophy Unlocked this week. On Wednesday, instead of a video game review, it was Trevor's review of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Chapter I, a movie. And on Saturday, it was Paul's review of the documentary The Cartoonist, about Jeff Smith, the man behind Bone. Sunday, was a bonus review of Space Jam: A New Legacy, which we had the misfortune of watching on Friday night.

So, don't be shocked, the rest of the week was spent on Powers Squared. Some of it was spent on reviewing pencils for Issue 19 and some of it was spent working on another idea I had for a future book. I'm calling it Aroma Therapy and I'm not going to explain, at least not yet. I've written a first draft or two of the first 20 pages.

We had our monthly group meeting, or what our colorist called "our monthly 'We're Not Dead' Podcast". These are usually my favorites as it's everyone involved in the book. We discuss what's going on and what we're working on. You can listen to it here. We're only about three away from our 100th podcast. It may sound like we're crossing streams, but we're trying to line up Carla Hoch, the writer of Fight Write, as our guest.

Next week, we're having Lucas Scheffel live from Australia to discuss his new Kickstarter for his Angry Fred comic book.

Speaking of next week, it's time for San Diego Comic-Con, though once again, it's @home, which takes the stuffing out of it. I will be "attending" and will report on whatever it is I learn.

Well, that's a good place to stop. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment