Sunday, July 11, 2021

A Week in Writing #359 - Short Week


Hope everyone is staying safe and, of course, writing.

Let's start with the bulk of the work, which seems to always be about Powers Squared.

For some reason, the issue we're working on, #19 Kamaitachi, has been more time-consuming than usual. Part of it turned out to be communicating what we were looking for in a couple of panels, which affected three pages of the first eight. It came down, believe it or not, to the orientation of a stairwell, which plays a big part in how the story works.

Part of the problem was that she had no reference for what we were talking about. The only example we could think of was in front of the San Diego Convention Center, something we had experienced at Comic-Con. Of course, we had no photos of that particular stairwell, I mean, who takes photos of stairwells?

Using Google Maps, I was able to get a street view of the Convention Center and then Snip got the image and sent it to her. All good now.

We also had some work on character designs. Minor things, in a way, but important details. Again, we managed to get it all worked out.

With Rachel, we sort of re-lived that part of the week on our On the Air with Powers Squared podcast, available on our website, https://powerssquaredcomicbook.com/oaps if you want to listen to it, or watch it on twitch.tv. It's part of our plan to spend one or two shows each month on the process of putting together an issue.

We also discussed working on a cover for our BD for the Artithmeric Kickstarter, which is now tentatively scheduled for mid- to late- September. We need a new cover as well as an image for the back. My goal is to have everything done by the end of August.

Did some more writing on Skylar, including close to 1000 words during one session on Saturday. I think I'm making good progress for a change.

Other than that, I feel like I've been falling behind. I did some more agent research during the week but, once again, didn't send any queries. I just didn't really have the time, and I know I know that's my old excuse.

I also started a review, Ace in the Hole (1951) but I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, so that's one more thing I need to work on this week. I did write and publish one this weekend, Black WidowWe watched on Disney+ rather than in the theater. Still not sure yet when we're going back.

Speaking of Trophy Unlocked, the other reviews this week were Paul's review of the video game Night in the Woods on Wednesday and his review of Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory on Saturday.

Well, that about does it for me. See you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment