Sunday, November 12, 2017

A Week in Writing #168

Time once again for my weekly ramble on the progress I've made on the various writing projects I've given myself.

I can report that the time change didn't mess me up as much as I thought it would, though getting a cold in mid-week didn't help. Even though it wasn't a major one, it does tend to slow you down.

Despite that, I did make more progress on Familiar Stranger this week. I'm up to about 23,000 words since the Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference. I feel more excited about this rewrite as I feel I am somewhat renewed in my interest and I feel like I have more of a purpose. I even managed to do some work on it at lunch at work, which is something I rarely if ever do, but I was in the zone so why fight it? I've just written past my first major plot point, the sudden disappearance of the protagonist's girlfriend and am working on the second act at the moment.

All that said, I may have to put it aside for a few days while I play catch up on other projects. I only get a couple of hours a day, so I have to divide my time accordingly.

I feel like I'm behind on my reviews for Trophy Unlocked. I started but have not yet finished a review for Godzilla (2014) and I have a review to write for Scrooge (1935), the first of our December-Christmas ones. I did publish one for The Letter (1929) on Saturday morning and one this afternoon for Thor: Ragnarok, which we saw over the weekend. I know we're about a week behind, but that's all about real life taking precedence, as we had other plans for the weekend it opened. The same will be true for Justice League as that film will have to wait for the weekend after Thanksgiving.

As far as Trophy Unlocked goes, our page views are back up from where they were at the end of the summer and up to around 800 a day on average. I think a lot of it has to do with school being back in session, as our review of Romeo and Juliet has received about 410 page views so far this month. At least it feels like someone is reading our review blog.

Powers Squared is wrapping up Issue #5. We have a cover in the works, which also still needs to be colored. And there are still pages for the letterer to finish and then a final review of the three issues before I feel like we're done. My goal is to have everything completed in mid-December so I can enter it in a short fiction contest. I feel five issues would put it in better stead than only two.

There are some changes in the works, but I'm not ready to go into those, but we're hoping to make Powers Squared going for the foreseeable future.

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope your own writing projects are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment