Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Week in Writing #126

While I normally love rainy days, like the one we had on Sunday, I never got to writing very much until I got to this blog post. Tried to use the time to do other things, like putting together the Lego Yellow Submarine I got for Christmas and pulling together tax information. So I had some fun.

Finally got the final page from our original colorist. I paid him for the last four pages at the beginning of December, so it took 6 weeks to get four pages. There is no way to make the comic book sustainable at that rate. He must know the jig is up because he hasn't asked for any feedback or for the next assignment.

Our new (and improved) colorist ran into a snag this week when she had technical difficulties with her Cintiq, so we've fallen a little off the pace she's set. But things are still moving forward. We did get a chance to look at some pages in progress.

Our artist was ill for awhile, as well, so he's a little behind. I'm trying hard to keep him on a schedule. I won't whine again about how long the first two issues took.

It's a little disconcerting at times to be working on Issue 3 with the artist, issue 1 with the colorist and issue 2 with the letterer. It's all the same story, but it gets a little confusing to be going back and forth along the story arc.

Still doing editing on Familiar Stranger. I'm on Chapter Seven at the moment. Again not as far as I'd like to be, but there is only so much time in a day.

Things are going very well with Trophy Unlocked. We had over 1000 page views yesterday, which is really high for us and no Russian hackers; I guess they're busy elsewhere. Posted one new review this week, Alfred Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder (1954), and completed work on another one, The Girl From Mexico (1939), which I plan to post next week.

Well, that sadly sums up my output for the week. Not a bad week, but no breakthroughs, but those can't happen every week, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment