Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.
Yes, this is officially the start of the Hankins-birthday-o-rama. My birthday was Friday, my sons' are on Monday and my wife's is in a little over 2 weeks. Yes, we're all libras and, no, it's not too late to send money, if that's what you want to do. And, as a reminder, we're now less than 3 months to Christmas.
That, of course, doesn't mean that nothing else happened. On my birthday, as an example, we still did our podcast, live, this time, discussing The Transformers: The Movie's recent theatrical re-release, the so-called "Apology Tour" for its 40th Anniversary. We also did, what I hope is, a fitting tribute to Peter Cullen, who voiced Optimus Prime in the movie. You can watch it here for the next few days, listen to it here or wait for it to premiere on our YouTube channel at 2:30pm on this coming Wednesday.
Work continues on issue #31 of Powers Squared, having settled on the lineart for page 4 and really close on page 5.
Not much to report on L.A. Comic-Con, other than we'll be there. Don't know any more details than that at this point, but will share when we know.
The Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked, was Trevor's review of Shaun the Sheep: The Beast of Mossy Bottom, which incidentally, we watched on Friday. The Wednesday review was also by Trevor, a Second Screening - The Transformers: The Movie (1986) 40th Anniversary, which ties back to the podcast. On Friday, we also watched The Conversation, which has been on my radar since I saw there was a 4K release of it. Turns out I had the DVD, which proved to be enough. I'm still writing the review, but that might give you an inkling of where it's going.
No querying this week. I just couldn't muster the will to delve into it, but it's something I need and will do.
Worked more on Cold Case. 23,632 words, if you're counting.
This week will again be newsletter week; the first Sunday of the month sure comes quickly, doesn't it?
So, next week, should be The Conversation, Cold Case and The Hound Dogs' Howl, with no doubt a page or two of Powers Squared thrown in for review and comments.
Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment