Sunday, February 4, 2024

A Week in Writing #494 - A Lot to Do and So Little Time


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

I don't normally talk about the weather, but today it has been especially rainy here in Los Angeles, where I live. I like rainy days, but I didn't get much writing in, as I was busy with other duties related to Powers Squared.

First on the list was the newsletter, The Hound Dogs' Howl. Most of the writing had been done, but there is always Paul and Trevor's recommendation and, of course, editing. Luckily, I sent myself a test email, since several of the links were holdovers from last month's. Anyway, it is sent out.

Next, I thought I'd start the process of getting proofs made of the four books we're planning to release this year, "Mission Istanistan" Parts 1 and 2, and "Family Affair" Parts 1 and 2. And, of course, nothing is as easy as it should be. Gallery pages were too large on one site and then there is waiting for proofs to be approved and billing to take place, so I'm not done yet.

On our podcast, On the Air with Powers Squared, we had Rik Offenberger, the Editor-in-Chief of First Comics News and G-Man Comics on as our guest. For the most part, the people you meet in the indie comics space are really great people. And Rik is one of the best. He's always been very supportive of Powers Squared and it was nice to have him on the show. He's one of the better guests, in that he also promotes his appearance, which also helps. If downloads on Podbean are any indication, it's our best performance since last October's "Eyeshield 21 21th Anniversary Celebration". You can listen to it on our website or wait to watch it when it hits YouTube on Wednesday.

I also finished a review of The Holdovers for Trophy Unlocked, a film we watched last night on Amazon Prime. While I perfer to see films in a theater, renting it for $2.99 beat out driving to a theater when it was supposed to be raining. I don't know when it will go up but I imagine soon, since it's nominated for several Academy Awards. The Saturday Morning Review this week was Trevor's review of  Ernest & Celestine: A Trip to Gibberitia, a French animated feature from 2022.

On the subject of Trophy UnlockedI predict the blog will reach a million views later this month. That's quite an accomplishment, I think, and I'm happy and proud to be a part of it.

That brings me back to my other writing, which I did do this week, though mostly it was the new story idea I've been working on. I had a couple of thoughts for chapters, so I wrote those up. Skylar is not being forgotten.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment