Sunday, September 10, 2023

A Week in Writing #473 - More Re-reading/Editing

Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

Well, I'm still in rewrite mode. I've finished with Public and Private and The Runaway and am working on Getting Even, which actually comes between them. If you read this post last week, you might remember that the stories involve a private investigator J.D. Barrister, who, like yours truly, is from Texas. While he's working cases, he also has to deal with relationships. His longest had been with Debbie Estevez, a LAPD Robbery-Homicide Detective and his most recent has been with Leanne Wilson. It is in this book that he starts a relationship with Leanne. It's his relationship with Debbie that also changes as she gets engaged.

I'll report back next week when I get through it. I still need to get back to Skylar and the new story.

No new queries this week. I think I'm done trying to query Broken People, as that effort seemed to be a no-go. I think I'll regroup and try Public and Private again, avoiding agents I've already queried about it.

We dropped a new issue of Powers Squared this past week, our 18th, "Mocha and Raven, Part 3". I've already started looking toward our 19th, which comes out on December 6. This one, "Kamaitachi", was written mostly by Paul. I just dropped the first related peek-of-the-week with more to follow.

Work has started on Issue #25 this month. This issue, "Yuki-Onna" was written by Paul and is a companion to one written by Trevor, #24 "Gashadokuro". There are some tweaks still to be done, but #24 seems to be ready art-wise.

This past Friday, Paul and I did sort of a wrap on the Summer, discussing what had happened during the past three months, including two issues, San Diego Comic-Con, our podcast and Metallica. You can listen to it here and/or watch it here on Wednesday after 2:30 pm PT when it goes up on YouTube.

It's been a busy week on Trophy Unlocked. The latest post is a review of Gran Turismo written by Trevor. This was a film we finally managed to see on Saturday and the review went up on Sunday. Saturday's review was my review of Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero, part of Batman Month. To that end, I reviewed Batman: The Movie from 1966, which is going up next Saturday. I also wrote a review of Isle of Missing Men (1942), which was part of drain the DVR Saturday.

Well, that about does it for me this week. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment