Sunday, December 18, 2022

A Week in Writing #435 - A Less Than Week


Hope everyone is staying safe, and of course, writing.

As far as I'm concerned, not my best week in that department.

Oh, I could blame the time of the year, but the output is somewhat due to work that isn't ready to discuss. I've been working on some ideas for the pilot script we've been working on for a couple of years now. Paul has been showing me how some other series have started and that's gotten me to think about how we should start ours out. So, nothing yet to show but thinking about writing does take time.

On the positive side, I did finish my two reviews this week; very differnt films. One review was for Sniowglobe, a 2007 TV movie, and the other was for Two Against the World, a 1936 melodrama. Because the latter was a remake, I put up the review I had written sometime back. One of the problems with doing that is that it's harder to remember where to put photos from the film. 'Is this a group shot early in the film or late?', that sort of thing. Hopefully, I got it right or close enough. We'll see when the review gets published.

The Saturday mornng review was keeping with our holiday theme, Trevor's for Home Alone. Sunday's, yes Sunday's, review was an anniversary, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, from Paul. The blog started 12 years ago today following watching Tron: Legacy on its opening weekend. Since then, there have been 1534 posts and 756062 views. I think that's pretty impressive and I'm happy to have been a part of it.

Because of all of the above, I hate to say it but I haven't worked on fka Skylar. I know, I've got to do better with it.

And, no queries this week either. I'm taking a breather and holding my breath at the same time to see if I hear back from the agent that asked for pages. Somehow, I'm not expecting to hear back until next year.

With Powers Squared, we're down to working on the cover for issue 23 with our artist, Rachel Wells, who is leaving us at the end of the year to pursue children's illustrations. We had our last team meeting with her on Friday. You can watch it on twitch.tv/powerssquared or wait for it on our YouTube channel; it'll be up on Wednesday. I'll wax more poetically about Rachel next week.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see back here next week. And hey, have a happy and safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment