Sunday, October 16, 2022

A Week in Writing #426 - Short Week but Press Coverage


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

Well, this was a short week for me. More birthdays, my wife's this time, so Thursday and Friday were spent in celebration. Disneyland on Thursday and dinner out on Friday. So, some things didn't get done.

To begin with, no queries this week. About the time I would usually be sending one, I think I was somewhere on the I-5 heading north. That said, I did DNR one. The agency's time to respond was "only if we're interested". After two months, I'm going to guess they're not.

I don't want to bury the lead too much, but there was a nice feature about Powers Squared on Scoop this week: Heroic Twins Star in Powers Squared Comic. This was the result of an effort that started back at San Diego Comic-Con in July. While I did not meet the person at Scoop during the panel they were on, I did follow up with them by email. I heard back and sent an introductory press release they asked for but then never heard back. Apparently, they never got the information I sent them, which I didn't find out until I followed up about the upcoming release of Issue #14. I ended up resending the first press release and they ended up writing the story. While perseverance paid off this time, that's not always the case.

This is as good a place as any to announce that the next issue of Powers Squared will be released on October 19th. Issue #14, The Imposter Part 2, completes two story arcs, one that began in Issue #10 and, of course, the one that started with Issue #13. Getting an issue published, even self-published, has proven harder recently. One of the platforms we work with has been slower than usual about getting issues up. Apparently, there are a lot of books and even though I moved it to publish two weeks ago, I don't have any idea when it will appear on that site. But it will be available on the 19th in both digital and print formats and you can find out where at The Campus Store.

With Paul and I preoccupied on Friday, our artist Rachel Wells and our colorist Julia Canon did OAPS without us, drawing characters from the upcoming issue, as well as one for Halloween. You can watch this now on twitch.tv/powerssquared or wait until Wednesday at 2:30 pm on our YouTube channel but it is worth watching, they always seem to have a good time when they get together.

And work continues on Issue #23, which will be our last with Rachel.

Did some more writing on fka Skylar but I'm only up to 47,770 words, which is only +61 words from last week, so not all effort moves the stick. I did work on it for two nights but probably only a couple of hours in total.

On the review front, I did manage to get one of the two I needed to get done, When Worlds Collide. As always not sure when it will appear. My review of The Strange Life of Dr. Frankenstein was the Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked. In addition to Halloween, it's also Silent Hill month with three reviews, all by Paul: Silent Hill: Revelation on Monday, Silent Hill HD Collection on Wednesday and Silent Hill 4: The Room on Friday.

Next week will be a full week and I hope to get more done.

That about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment