Sunday, March 20, 2022

A Week in Writing #396 - The Kickstarter is Upon Us


Hope everyone is staying well, and, of course, writing.

Our Kickstarter is just about to start. We're working with Artithmeric.com, a British on-demand publisher, to raise money to have our Graphic Novel translated into French so that it can be sold in Europe as a bande dessinĂ©e, or BD. We go live on the 24th, and I hope you, dear reader, will help to support the cause. You can sign up in advance and/or pledge at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/artithmeric/powers-squared-a-twin-superhero-drama. It would really mean a lot to me.

Paul and I did a walkthrough of our Kickstarter on our live twitch.tv video. You can watch it there or wait for it to show up on Wednesday on YouTube.

Needless to say, a lot of my time has been spent on the Kickstarter campaign and trying to get all the social media posts and our newsletter ready to go. I like the idea that you can schedule things to post, which means I don't have to be sitting at this computer when I'm supposed to be sitting at my work computer and still get the message out.

On that topic, tell me if this has ever happened to you. I have a series of social media posts I make every week, which I now schedule through our Go Daddy website powerssquaredcomicbook.com only two of them didn't go, for some reason that was never explained. I hate when that happens, even though that was the first time because time is always tight for me. I don't want to have to redo anything like that if I don't have to.

The Kickstarter has been the only thing I've been working on. I manage to spend a couple of nights with my long-neglected thriller, fka Skylar. I'm happy with actually working on it and making some progress.

And I've sent a new query this week, which sort of negates the rejection I received on Thursday. This was from the agency I queried on March 3rd:

Hi David,

Thank you for querying XXXXXXXXXp. We have read your query and regrettably, your project does not seem like a right fit for our agency.

Thank you again for thinking of us. Please be well.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

Surprised to get a response so quickly, and frankly at all these days.

My review of Wife vs. Secretary was the Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked this week. I started a new one for The Sin of Madelon Claudet (1931) but I'm not terribly far along. The Wednesday Game Day Review was Paul's review of Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Well, that about does it for me. Please consider supporting our Kickstarter and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment