Sunday, February 13, 2022

A Week in Writing #391 - Not Quite Crushed


Hope everyone is staying safe, has great plans for Valentine's Day, and is, of course, writing.

As I wrote last week, Paul and I had our meeting to discuss our pitch packet for Powers Squared the animated TV series. To be clear, we weren't pitching the show, but getting feedback on the pitch packet itself. While the feedback wasn't overwhelmingly positive, it was also not so bad as to pop our balloon, just deflated it a little. I won't go into specifics but we have some work to do. But it wasn't like the person shredded the deck in front of us and told us to look for fry-cook jobs.

My goal is always to make things better and we got a sense of what we need to do. I'm not sure yet we've decided on how to get there but I believe we have a common goal.

One thing we were asked was if we had a pilot script to go with it, which we are working on, though I know that still needs work.

On the subject of Powers Squared, we had our monthly team meeting this week on our On the Air with Powers Squared podcast. We got updates and new pages from both our artist and our colorist so progress continues on the book. Not really sure I can say the same thing about our Kickstarter. It isn't until late March but I really want to deliver what I have to ahead of time. So far, I'm not sure what else they may want. I sent examples of what else I have but it took over a week and with me following up to find out if they had even looked at what I sent. I'm sure things will come together but it is a little frustrating. I don't deal well with radio silence.

In other writing, my review of Who Framed Roger Rabbit was the Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked. The Wednesday Game Day review was Paul's review of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate. I'm currently working on a review of Batman Under the Red Hood, a movie we watched on Saturday night. Not quite a drain the DVR, but still fun.

I did make another query this past week, despite everything else. So, now I've got five out there, with one probably coming up on its shelf life, but I'm going to keep plugging away. I'm even thinking of trying to query a second book. The hope is to get someone's attention, isn't it?

Sadly, fka Skylar took a backseat to everything else that happened this past week. Sadly, there are only so many hours in a day and only so many ways I can divide my time. I won't give you a word count but the needle didn't move very far forward this week, to say the least.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment