Sunday, May 2, 2021

A Week in Writing #349 - Trying to Find the Time


I don't know if you ever have weeks like this but there is more to do than time permits. It seems like every week is a study in compromise. And there is a certain unpredictability about working on a comic book that just adds to the stress. Pages show up whenever they're ready and that means they need to be looked at and feedback given and then relooked at when the changes are made. I'm not saying it's a difficult process but just time-demanding and time-consuming.

I'm pretty used to Powers Squared being the main activity many weeks but some weeks it takes up more time than others. That's not to mention prepping for the show on Friday, social media posts, updating the website, posting the video. This week, we had the added step of putting out our now monthly newsletter, The Hound Dogs' Howl. A lot of it is rote by now but there is always a creative twins story that has to be researched and written, a peek-of-the-week to decide on, and test emails to make sure the links all work.

This week, Paul and I are going to have a zoom call with one of our on-demand printers. We want to talk to them about the future and how we're going to get there together or separately. We need everyone's help to make this a going enterprise.

I did write a new review this week. Another Saturday night clean out the DVR film, The Wagons Roll at Night (1941). While the title may sound like a Western, it's about a carnival. The reason for recording and watching the film is Humphrey Bogart. Not sure when it will appear. Probably no time soon. My review of The Secret Bride went up on Trophy Unlocked on Saturday morning and Paul's review of the video game Minit went up on Wednesday. Next week, it's going to be solid Star Wars films and video games, so I'll be reporting back on those reviews next week.

No new queries this week. I've got the five out and I sort of ran out of time on Thursday when I usually send one. See how it relates back to the subject of this review? I'm pretty sure by now one of them has expired even though I've heard nothing back from any of them. But as I've written, nothing means no these days.

Skylar, as always it seems, takes a backseat to everything else. I try to work on it at least a couple of days a week but two is about as many as I get to it. I'm reworking some of the plot and, of course, other things along the way.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment