Sunday, April 1, 2018

A Week in Writing #188


A really exciting week in writing. Powers Squared not only launched our own Twitter account: @martyandeli but we also received our first review at First Comic News: https://t.co/WxA8D2RoiL. While that might not seem like much, it is a big accomplishment for us and was for the most part positive; not bad for our first effort at making a comic book. It's a first step in what we hope will be a big year for Powers Squared.

In other news, it seems like comiXology might be planning something. I was asked on Friday to send them all five issues, which, I, of course, did. So, hopefully, something good will come of that.

As much as I think I do, I know there's more that can be done. But I only have so many hours in the day to devote to it. I was encouraged to learn, at the panel at WonderCon, that if you spend more than an hour a day doing social media, then you're spending too much time on it. Even an hour a day is more time then I have to spend on it. Sadly, there are only so many hours in the day.

The artists are continuing their work on Powers Squared. Our colorist has now finished up through page 16 and has done a first pass on the cover. Our inker is already ready to get to work on Issue #7, which seems like a real difference than what we were used to.

Some of the images we posted this week on Instagram:

Mocha

Uncle Brian

Jennifer Perry

Tonight, we're going to shoot some videos to use to promote the comic book. As a basic introverted writer, this will be a new experience for yours truly. I'll write more about that experience next week and, of course, let you know where and when the videos are posted.

Co-writers Paul and David Hankins getting ready to shoot some videos.

No new reviews from me this week, again, but we did publish two on Trophy Unlocked. Instead of our usual Saturday morning review, we published a primer for the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, coming next month.

And on Sunday, April Fool's Day, we published a review of Half-Life 3, make of that what you will.

Also, still rereading and editing Familiar Stranger. I'm up to page 329 so it's possible I'll get through it all by the end of next week. Then one more round of editing on the computer. It seems like a never ending cycle, but I do enjoy the part of making it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment