Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Week in Writing #178

Well, this is a no excuse week for me and if you're a regular reader of this blog (thanks) you'll know that is not always the case. I feel like progress was made on all fronts, whether or not it's enough we'll get into as we go.

To begin with, Powers Squared seems to be going well. Our artist submitted pencils of her first four pages and with the exception of some minor changes, they look good. The look will be very different than the first five issues, but I think it will look better. Once we have finished pages then it's on to our new colorist. Knowing how long the other five issues took to get made, we' re in for several months of fun as we put these next two together. But this time I don't think it will be the artist who is holding us up.

Still considering Kickstarting these issues to help alleviate some of the costs. If anyone has any advice about that, would love to hear it. I'm always nervous about doing the wrong thing.

We did hear back from our contact at Comixology. He's apparently on the road until after the first week of February. At least it's somewhere where they have wifi and internet. We won't really have that heart to heart about publicizing issue #3 until after that date. So we'll put a pin in it for now.

Continued writing for Trophy Unlocked, publishing a review of The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) on Saturday morning. On Friday night, we watched the 1956 remake, so I'm working on a review of that for next week; got a ways to go on that one but it has been started.

Also found time to work on Familiar Stranger. Worked on it this weekend. I know that word count is not the only measure, but it is an empirical reference. I mean a thousand words a day isn't just the name of this blog, but also the goal. I'm up to about 65500 words and 351 pages. I'm not sure how bumpy this section of the book is, again that's for an editor to decide, but I'm at least getting through it. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

So the new week promises the same opportunities and pitfalls that all of them offer. I need to finish my review of The Man Who Knew Too Much, make more progress on Familiar Stranger and keep an eye on Powers Squared. Promises to be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment