Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Week in Writing #125

The first full week of the year and things went pretty well from a writing point of view. I feel like I'm making progress on all fronts which is sort of a new feeling after things not going well for so long.

To begin with the comic book, I think we're finally getting somewhere again. Our new colorist is working out great. Not only has she delivered four pages a week, but she seems very open to comments and suggestions. The delivery rate is something our old one could never come close to doing. He actually still owes me for a page or I would have dropped him by now. It's hard to imagine how he felt we could have a sustainable comic book with him taking so long to deliver pages.

The artist is ill and has only delivered layouts for two pages of the third issue, but they look good. I'm going to have to stay on top of him this time around and be more demanding. I don't want to have the same experience I did last year. This time around deadlines are going to be enforced more rigorously.

Even with the comic book going, I was able to get back to editing Familiar Stranger. I'm currently editing chapter six. Maybe I'm not as far as I wanted to be, but I'm happy to be back working on it again. I really want to get back to really writing on the books, but it's one step at a time. My goal is to edit a chapter a day, but that is sometimes a stretch goal.

Published the review of The Endless Summer (1966) on Saturday and started working on one for Dial M for Murder, though I'm not as far along on that as I had hoped. Still hoping to finish it over the Monday holiday. While the view has only garnered about 20 Pageviews they are up on Trophy Unlocked. The past month there were over 9000 page views which is quite an improvement; and no traffic from Russian hackers.

So, overall a good week in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment