Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Week in Writing #114

I feel like a broken record, but another week that didn't quite live up to expectations. Some of that has to do with a project at work that has run over into my "off" hours and even the past couple of weekends. I've been more Excel than Word these past few days. Not complaining, really. I want to write, but in order to do that I need to eat and make mortgage payments, etc., so work is great and my intensive part of the project will end in a couple of weeks.

I used a mouse so much that I developed pain in my right shoulder, which doesn't seem to be permanent, so no excuses there.

What writing I have done has been on the comic book. I tried doing some writing with Final Draft, but, as I wrote last week, I don't want to rewrite/retype what I've already done. We're not working with anyone but ourselves at this point, so I'm doing my rewrites with Word. I'm not against using it and will when I get to something new.

I did have time to begin rewrites on our third set of stories, which will be a two-parter.  Still not a hundred percent sure we're doing a third issue, but I think we're leaning that way, at least we're being encouraged to keep going. But there is only so long we can do this as a vanity project. At some point, we have to introduce the book to the public. That's the issue that's bugging me; the best way to release our work.

But before we get to that point, we still have the second issue to get done. The artist is up to doing pencils for pages 17 and 18, which means we're getting close. The colorist has sort of dropped the ball at least this go round. After promising to have all four pages ready by our "deadline" of two weeks, already late, he had us resend him the pages to color. If I wasn't buried with copy and paste, I might be madder.

Still haven't gotten all the feedback I want on the comic book. One of our "readers" has sent us a link to a website that is supposed to help us with marketing. Sadly, I haven't had the time to really look at it. I also haven't had the time to really ping people, but I will be trying this week, time permitting.

Published our last Halloween movie review, Black Sabbath, on Saturday. No time to write a new one this weekend, though I watched the film I'll do next, 9. I'm thinking of publishing  reviews of film noirs in November, which is good because they're already written.

My goal for the coming week is to get some writing done. Not a big goal, but it feels like a stretch goal this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment