Started the week off with a rejection email. The agent was from the Writer's Digest issue about agents looking for clients, so I guess she wasn't looking for me. My query "didn’t grab" her enough to request a partial. My first rejection using the "new" format of query, so maybe it needs a little work.
If you're keeping score out there, there are still three active queries, one of which has requested the full manuscript. Once I finish the synopsis I'll revamp the query letter and send more. There's always more to do.
Still working a rewrite of the synopsis. Keep finding more to add to it so I'm afraid I didn't finish it this week either.
Sometimes I feel like I'm putting off the mystery novels in favor of the comic book. Reviewed some pages this week on Part Two, but progress seems to be glacially slow. Planning to address with the creative team this week. I had hoped to be done with Part Two by now and while that was a stretch goal, I don't want this to drag on for as long as Part One did. Impossible to think this can be sustainable when issues take months.
Had a setback with the coloring, when the changes we asked for on Page 1 came back but on a previous version, not the last one. It's the part of this that makes me feel frustrated. The artist, on the other hand, after some work on pages 5, 6 and 7 has sort of dropped from sight, at least he hasn't answered my latest emails.
This past week or so, I've sent and gave copies of Part One of PowerSquared to about five people. I emailed it to one person, sent it using We Transfer to another and handed it out on thumb drives to the rest. So far, I've only heard back from one and it was very encouraging. The main person I'm interested in has been on vacation until recently, which I think explains why the We Transfer is about to/already has expired.
Published a review of Lost in Translation. Readers of this blog will know the story behind the choice, even though I had written the review some months back. On Friday night, watched Intolerance and spent a good portion of Saturday and Sunday working on the write-up, which ended up being about 6000 words in length. Plan to publish on Monday the 5th, the 100th anniversary of the film's release.
My turn to have computer problems. On Saturday night, while trying to install Adobe Photoshop 14 from discs I ordered, my computer kept freezing up. Turns out that it is probably the beginning of the end of the Solid State drive, the same malady that plagued Paul's and my letterer's computer the previous week.
Luckily, I still have my old computer, a Sony Vaio, which already has a version of Photoshop installed on it. Another reason I try to keep the thumb drive I carry around synced with the files on my computer. I'm hoping that I can continue on without missing too much of a beat. I'm hoping that it won't take more than a few days to get my computer back, but in the meantime I can still work.
Post a Comment