Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Week in Writing #101

Still recovering from Comic-Con. The experience really takes it out of you, both physically and mentally. On the physical side, we walked, according to the app on my phone, about 57 miles during the five days of the con. I think I got a case of plantar fasciitis in one of my heels as a result. It's getting better, but every so often that first step in the morning is really painful.

Mentally, it was hard to get my head back into work and by that I mean the job I do to make a living. As I wrote last time, I was creatively turned on by the experience and it was all I could do not to think about my writing during the 11 hours plus a day I spend away from home. Wrote some emails to people I'd met, but that wasn't enough.

Trying to pull together the last bits of part one of PowerSquared. Most of it is with the colorist and I know we've been pretty demanding here with his time. At the same time, the artist has started to work on Part 2, so we're having to judge coloring on one part and pencils and layouts on the other. Time-consuming on both sides, though it is always great to see progress.

Between feeling fatigued and the demands of the comic book, not much time has been left for much else this week. Did manage some work on Simple Sins, but I got to a place where I need to start doing some rewriting and I didn't have the energy to do it. And as much as I wanted to do more this weekend, I can't say I've been able to shake the call of PowerSquared to do much else. We spent several hours today going over the colored pages and new layouts from the artist, Only so much time to get too deep into anything else.

I have also begun reading Maxwell Drake's Dynamic Story Creation at night before I go to bed, trying to absorb as much as I can. Hopefully, I can take what I learn and apply it to the Simple Sins rewrites that I have to do.

Did post a Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked: Big Night, a 1996 film co-directed by Stanley Tucci and Campbell Scott and starring Tucci, Tony Shalhoub, Minnie Driver, Ian Holm and Isabella Rossellini. But haven't written anything new for a couple of weeks. Also wrote a somewhat belated review of Star Trek Beyond, which I posted on Sunday.

Hopefully, this next week, I can get back to other things on my to-do list, including working more on Simple Sins and updating my queries on Public and Private, which I'm woefully behind on.

No comments:

Post a Comment