Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Week In Writing #52

I guess this is a milestone of sorts. This coming week marks the one year anniversary of when I started this blog. Over the past year, I've kept track of my progress from unpublished writer to, well, still unpublished writer. Not that I expected to have changed, but I guess I was hoping to be a little further along. But maybe that's why they call it a dream.

This past week has been spent mostly on the comic book; doing rewrites on the first and second stories. I think it's coming together. We had a reading of parts one and two trying to make smart edits to make the dialogue to sound more realistic and to trim where we could. Finished a rewrite of the second story, which had grown to three parts.

Published one review this past weekend, Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps (1935) and wrote another one for future use, Destination Murder (1950).

I'll be spending my anniversary week working on the comic book. Going to a comic creator's coffee later this week, hoping to meet some artists and kick this can a little further down the road. I also have made edits of my own on my second story rewrite, so I'll be making those updates before having anyone else read it. It's all part of the process.

Am I disappointed I'm not further along? I'll admit to a little, but I knew this was going to be a long slog when I started. So far, it hasn't disappointed me on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment