Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Week in Writing #48

Spent most of this week in comic book rewrite mode. The artist we're working with has a lot of really good ideas and we're trying to use them, but still retain the story we want to tell. He's been very responsive so far and his feedback has been very beneficial.

Which is the opposite of what's been going on with my editor on Personal and Professional. I'm officially putting out an APB on him. I've tried every means of communication with him short of a telegram and he's not responded. If being on Facebook is any indication, he's still alive, but a writer worries when their editor goes silent.

I really think it's important to have an open line of communication. I try very hard not to be too pushy, but a text in response doesn't take all that long. I really hate waiting, but I really don't like being ignored. But I try to understand that he's got his own life and issues and try not to take it too personally, but it's still worrisome. I already have enough self-doubt going as it is.

Besides writing the comic book, I've been writing reviews for the blog. I published two on Saturday, one for The Hitch-Hiker (1953) and another one later in the day for Sharknado 3. I wrote two future reviews for use later, both film noirs: Roadblock (1951), which I think will be my last Summer of Darkness entry this year, and another for The Window (1949) for a later date. We've been Tivo-ing a lot of the film noirs and I'd hate to miss out on the chance to write about many of them. It's just about my favorite genre.

Tried a little experiment with the Sharknado 3 review. Rather than post about it on Facebook and Twitter, I only wrote about it on Twitter @lionsroar91406. The pageviews were lower, but not bad: 23 v. the 31 for The Hitch-Hiker as of this post.

No new queries or rejections this week. I've only heard back from two of the agents I queried over the 4th. I like to think of it as no response is still a maybe which is half as good as yes, but still twice as good as no. (My apologies to the writers of Just Shoot Me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment