Sunday, January 30, 2022

A Week in Writing #389 - Meeting Other Creatives


Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and, of course, writing.

One of my favorite things about doing our weekly podcast is when we can engage other comic book creators and share stories and ideas. We had that opportunity this past Friday, when we interviewed Don Nguyen, a comic book artist and creator that we had met several years ago. I think it was through Instagram but he was pretty sure that it was as far back as one of the Comic Creator Connections we had attended at San Diego Comic-Con before finding our first artist. You, of course, are invited to give the show a listen at https://powerssquaredcomicbook.com/oaps.

While we're on the subject of Powers Squared, still in the dark on some things regarding our pending Kickstarter. It's supposed to be at the end of February but I'm not sure what exactly we need to deliver as part of it. As I learn more, I will, of course, relate it here.

We did receive thumbnails for the final pages and the cover of  Issue #20 this week from our artist this week but that's about the extent of the activity of the actual book. These things come in waves, so there's nothing out of the ordinary.

I did do some work on the pilot script for Powers Squared, finally using the correct format in Final Draft. Making progress, but it is sort of slow going for me as this is sort of uncharted territory for my writing. I did take scriptwriting in college and grad school but it isn't something I've done for quite a while. When I did study it, there was nothing like Final Draft out there, just tabs on the typewriter.

Wrote a new review this week for Trophy Unlocked, The Egg and I (1947). As always, not sure when it will appear. This past Saturday Morning Review was Paul's review of Encanto and the short film that accompanied it, Far From the Tree. Our Game Day review was also Paul's Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

With my new query letter, I was able to more easily send a new one out this past week. So now I have three out there this year with the clock, of course, running on them. I'll keep at it and will let you know if anything ever pops.

Writing on fka Skylar continues, though it seems like it's more like a thousand words a week, as the count is currently up to 25,814 with this draft. I know I need to do better.

Well, that seems to be about all from me. Keep writing and I'll see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment