Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Week in Writing #366 - Finally Scheduled a Signing


Hope everyone is staying safe, getting vaccinated, and, of course, writing.

Well, persistence pays off, at least sometimes. After several months of writing with no response, we finally had a breakthrough with Golden Apple Comics in Los Angeles and were able to reschedule our March 13, 2020 signing that was canceled due to COVID. My sons and I, and I hope our current colorist, will be there on September 18th from 1 to 3, Delta permitting. It seems like a long way off and the world can go to shit many times before that date, but here's hoping. I've been buying copies of older issues, the current collection of the first five, and even bought some business cards for San Romero Community College. I hope if you're reading this and want to be supportive, you'll make the effort to come by and say hello.

Oh, by the way, this won't be the only time that you hear about the signing, so don't worry about that.

In other Powers Squared news, we looked at thumbnails for the next eight pages of Issue #19 and reviewed colored pages from Issue #18. Meanwhile, we're still working on the BD for the Artithmeric Kickstarter coming in, I believe October. Trevor has finished his updates to the lettering for the first five issues. We've settled on both a front and back cover to the book. I'm hoping that we get everything we need to provide as soon as we can. I don't want to be scrambling at the last moment.

Sort of out of the blue, I had a friend contact me to help him with a graphic novel. I wasn't really sure what to say. I sort of had plans for the weekend, so I didn't want to commit to calling him. He sent me seven pages from a movie script and to be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the film is about. I want to be helpful, but I don't feel like I have a whole lot of time to commit to it. But we'll see.

I managed to send a new query this week. Another email and one with a time limit to hear back from with the proviso if they're interested. I will, of course, let you know if I do hear back and even if I don't, that's the point of this blog.

I did some writing but more thinking on Skylar this week. It's coming together in bits and pieces and I'm hoping to work more on it tonight, as a matter of fact. I did work on it this week, but it's been several days since I've actually written on it.

On to Trophy Unlocked, where for the second week in a row I had the Saturday Morning Review. This week, it was Rain (1932). That was followed on Sunday with Trevor's review of PAW Patrol: The Movie, so you can see we cover everything from pre-code films about prostitution to animated films about cute puppies saving lives. Wednesday was Paul's review of the videogame Return of the Obra Dinn to round out the week on the blog. I did write a new review of Breakfast For Two (1937), but no idea when it will go up, so stayed tuned.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment