Sunday, February 7, 2021

A Week in Writing #337 - Still Rewriting


I hope everyone is writing and staying safe.

Well, my writing time this week has been spent working on rewrites and most of it on Broken People. I'm trying to get through about 50 pages a week but that is really a goal more than anything else. With this rewrite, I'm not printing it out to do the work on. I figured I didn't want to go through another ream of paper.

I'm finding things to change here and there, reworking passages and actually making it longer. It has been a while since I've actually read the book so while there are no surprises, I'm looking forward to getting to the end where I'm thinking there might be some updates I can make there. But that's looking ahead.

So, I never heard back from Mr. Three Weeks, so I guess there was no interest from him for the book. There is one more out there from one I sent out a week later but that has a six-week expiration so there are a few more weeks to go on that one.

I also worked on my Parents' Day script for Powers Squared. I finally finished the first draft of part two and I'm working on the editing. I have a bit of a challenge since the first draft is about four pages too long, so there is a lot of editing at this point. I know I pad the dialogue so I'm pretty sure I can get it down.

On the subject of Powers Squared, I had to do some research for our Friday On the Air with Powers Squared show. We had a guest, Sean Hall, the creator of  Dirk Brodey Freelance Adventurer and I needed to put together some questions to ask. There are the usual types of questions but you also want them to be too general and geared to your guest. You can hear how we did here if you're interested.

Speaking of research, I had to look for creative twins to showcase in our newsletter, The Hound Dogs' Howl. I stumbled across Marina and Irina Fabrizius, who paint together. I was lucky to find an interview with them on the BBC which thankfully provided subtitles that I was able to incorporate into the story. Again, if you're interested, you can read it here at least until the next issue of the newsletter is published. Better yet, you can subscribe to it by enrolling at https://powerssquaredcomicbook.com/srcc and get it sent to your inbox every Sunday morning.

I finally cracked into Trophy Unlocked this year with the Saturday Morning Review of Susan Lenox (Her Fall and Rise). I'm on a bit of a pre-code kick these days. It's not that the films made then are any better than ones made during the Code but they do deal with subjects that they couldn't a few years later. I do find it interesting that most of these scandalous films would probably be rated G or PG-13 these days. On Wednesday, it was Paul's review of Untitled Goose Game.

Currently, I'm working on a pair of reviews, both for Spider-Man 3. We recently purchased a Blu-ray set of the trilogy which included this film as well as the Editor's Cut. This weekend, we watched both versions and so I volunteered to write the dual review.

So the coming week promises more rewrites and finishing the review. It may not sound like much but I'm pretty sure other things will come up during the week, as they always seem to do.

In the meantime, keep writing and I'll see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment