Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Week in Writing #313 - Lost Time


Hope everyone is staying safe!

I don't know about you, but I lost some writing time this past week due to watching the DNC's virtual convention. I wasn't planning on it, but I got caught up in the event. That won't be an issue this week, which is about as political as I get on this blog.

So that explains why I didn't do some of the things I was planning to do. I'll start with the bad, no queries again this week. I know I'm putting that off and I will promise to do better this week. I think I've found some good prospects. If and when I do I will report back here.

I did work this week on a script for a second episode of Powers Squared: The Animated Series. I know it's still a pipedream, but I wanted to work on writing this kind of project. I finished a first draft this week and did a round of edits. I still want to go through it again before showing it to anyone. I'll let you know when I do and what is said.

There was some review work we did this week on the book itself; pencils from our artist, the last four pages as well as the cover of issue #15. Nothing too time consuming, though we do take it seriously and try to give it the time necessary.

More writing on my "next" novel, though I made a change that required some rewrites and I didn't get as much done as I would have liked (see excuse above). I'm about 8000 words in and while I have a general idea where I want it to go, I'm a pantser so that's as much as I'm working with.

I did finish a new review this week for Trophy Unlocked, Bird of Paradise (1932) a pre-code film starring Delores del Rio and Joel McCrea. I also put up on the blog four reviews for October (never too soon to get ready for Halloween); horror films: White Zombie, The Curse of the Cat People, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931), and Revenge of the Creature.

This week, the reviews were Carrion for the Switch on Wednesday and The Emoji Movie on Saturday, both written by Paul.

Well, not a big week but I hope you'll keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment