Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Week in Writing #147

Surprise surprise, a fairly productive week on all projects: Familiar Stranger, Powers Squared, and Trophy Unlocked.

I tried this week to break up the writing by time. First thing in the morning, I try to post whatever tweets relate to anniversary reviews we have on Trophy Unlocked, this week including Raiders of the Lost Ark; HolidayThe Endless SummerThe Lion KingPsycho; and The Immigrant. Trying to keep page views coming on the blog.

When I got home after work, I worked on a review of Red Dust and Journey into Fear, the former which I also posted as Trophy Unlocked's Saturday Morning Review. I'm still working on the latter, but I should finish it this week.

After dinner, I worked on Powers Squared. We received four pages from the artist, including layouts and pencils, but we're still waiting for the inks. Our colorist is working on her pages and our letterer also did some pages this week as well. While we're firmly working on Issue #4, we still have some wrapping up to do on Issue #3. But progress is progress.

Additionally, started making notes for an idea for a future story. Have the premise, but I'm working on the details.

I tried this week to follow up on the publication dates for Issues #1 and #2, but nothing new to report. I'm not sure what publicity we'll have either, though our contact at ComiXology wants to meet at San Diego Comic Con to discuss. Will report more here as I know it.

Also, sent our submission to Image Comics to see if they might want to physically publish our books. Probably won't know anything for a few weeks, but I'm happy to have finally done it. Every time you put yourself out there, there is always the possibility of rejection, which is never fun. But you've got to put yourself out there. Fingers crossed. There are other publishers out there, but they have different requirements, so I'm working on those as well. Wrote a 1000+ word synopsis this weekend for issues #3 through 5, a story arc we refer to as With Great Powers Come Something, Something, Something.

As for Familiar Stranger, I was able to finally finish a chapter that had been sitting there for over a month and start on a new one. The goal is to keep moving the story and rewrite forward. I feel like I'm getting closer to the point where I have an ending already written. There is then another round of edits to go before it's ready for someone else to read.

That's one thing about writing, it's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment