Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Week in Writing #146

I had a pretty good week. Didn't accomplish everything I wanted, but I think I made progress on all fronts, including the oft put-to-the-side Familiar Stranger. Actually finished a chapter and started a new one. I think once I get past this part of the book it will go rather quickly, as it is this part of the book that has been the problem.

On the writing front, I just registered for the Writer's Digest Conference in Pasadena in October. I had considered only going on Saturday, but now I'm planning to go all three days. One of the added bonuses is that I get to attend with my son Paul.

Powers Squared took up its usual bulk of time, but wasn't as much this week as it has in the past. While our artist finished four pages, it still took about two weeks. Sometimes I feel like we focus in on one or two panels and that can really slow progress down. After a while, we get to the point where we feel it's as good as it is going to get and move on.

Our colorist was absent for a second week. We heard from her, but no pages. It is really not a big deal at this point. We know she's working on it. Our letterer, though, did come through with a couple of pages. We're getting close to being through with Issue #3, which is encouraging, even though we started it six months ago. I'm hopeful the next two can come together faster.

Speaking of the Issues #1 and #2, I registered for copyrights for them. Trying to get that out of the way ahead of publishing. No word on exactly when, but it's a bit of business that needed to be done.

I think I've finished the cover letter and synopsis for submission to Image, but I'm finding myself to be somewhat reluctant to send it in. Maybe it is the fear of rejection, but I'm hesistant. I'll have to get over it, but for now it's ready to go, just not sent. Next I need to work on the Dark Horse submission, which includes a lot of synopsii of different lengths.

Had an idea during the week for a future story for Powers Squared. I haven't done more than write it down. Involves Instructor Miller becoming Destructor Miller. We'll see if anything ever comes from it.

Finished my review of Red Dust, but I still have Journey Into Fear to go. Published Dance, Fools, Dance (1931) over the weekend, which was a hold over from last week's Saturday Morning Review.

So all in all, not a bad week in writing. Maybe I could have done more, but I'm pretty pleased to have been able to get in a little bit of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment