Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Week in Writing #110

Sadly, not my most productive week as a writer. For some reason, I didn't have the energy to get much done. I still haven't finished my synopsis, nor have I sent any new queries. I feel like I'm falling down on the job when it comes to things like that.

The one constant seems to be the comic book and the blog. Every day it seems like we were hearing from the artist or the colorist, so some progress is getting made. The artist should be working on pages 13 to 16 by now and the colorist should be working on pages 5 to 8, but we've only seen page 5 so far. Not sure why he keeps falling behind; he promises more than he delivers.

The status of part 2 though has me thinking ahead to the next storyline. I sat down and made a quick and dirty page/panel breakdown for the first two parts of the second story. The first part seemed to line pretty well to a 20-page story. The second part needs work and I haven't even started on part 3; it was that kind of a week.

I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I want to be ready. One of the factors in how we proceed will be the reaction we get, which as I wrote last week is harder to get than I'd like. We did hear back from two more people, one said he liked it and even followed up later in the week suggesting avenues to pursue with publishing. The second person and the one we're most interested in hearing from wants to speak with us next week. We're going to talk Tuesday evening when I get home. He's calling from New York, so I take it as a positive sign that he's taking time away from getting ready for New York Comic-Con to speak with us; Paul and me.

With Halloween approaching, Trophy Unlocked has turned to horror. Our Saturday Morning Review was The Invisible Man. Over the weekend, I wrote a 2500 word review of Re-Animator (1985), which will be published this month as part of our salute to the season. We have four of the five reviews we need completed. Not sure what the fifth will be yet. That's part of the fun.

I don't have any real good excuses why I haven't written more this past week, just that real life sometimes gets in the way. All I can do is promise to do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment