Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Week in Writing #108

Not sure what to make of it, but when I tried to start writing this post, Norton blocked my own blog as a threat. I had to override their security to get here.

Well, I had goals for the week and, surprise, I didn't actually make them. Did not finish the long synopsis for Past Present, but did make some progress on part two of PowerSquared and did start writing reviews for Halloween.

It seems review writing was what I did the most this past week. Wrote one for Blazing Saddles (1974), which I know isn't really Halloween material, but I wanted to get it over with. Started two more that I need to finish, ParaNorman (2012) and The Invisible Man (1933), so those will be the focus of the rest of the week. Also wrote and published a review for The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years, which is playing briefly in theaters before going to Hulu. The Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked was Witness to Murder (1954).

Spent the rest of the time on PowerSquared. Actually made some progress on those pages. The artist has sent layouts for up to page 11 and the colorist has gotten through the first four pages, though there are some finishing touches that still need to be done on that page, but it does feel like progress is getting made.

We're almost to the point that we need to revisit the script for the next issue. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I'd like to keep it moving forward. Part of that will be based on the feedback we get.

People are willing to say they'll read it, but actually doing so seems much harder. Like me, they have other things they need to do. Still, I feel like a thirsty man waiting for an ice cube to melt so I can have a drink of water.

This coming week doesn't promise to be too productive, I'm afraid. I'm going to a concert Monday night and to an autograph session for a friend's book on Wednesday. Both should be fun, but those are hours I won't be writing. Less time = less output.

No comments:

Post a Comment