Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Week in Writing #65

It took some pushing, but I finally posted about our search for a comic book artist on a Facebook page dedicated to connecting writers and artists. We asked about pencilers, inkers and colorists and so far I've received about 15 responses, most of them pencilers, which is what we really need to start with. Paul and I still need to sit down and go over the responses. He received some emails, so I don' t know if they're the same or different ones. The prices per page seem to vary between $20 to $100 a page. Since I'm paying for this, I'm going to have to be very cost-conscious. With the holiday next week, I don't think we'll be contacting anyone before next weekend.

Still waiting to hear back from my editor. Not sure what the issue is, but I did follow up to try to find out. In lieu of working on that book or Familiar Stranger, I started working on a new story, inspired by my recent hike up to the Hollywood sign. It really felt good to get back to these characters.

Posted one review on the blog this Saturday, The Immigrant (1917). The choice seems sort of political considering the on-going immigration discussions due to campaigning for the 2016 Presidential election and the post-Paris concerns over Syrian refugees. But the decision was made several weeks ago and any resemblance to issues real or imagined is a coincidence. I had also decided to do silent films in November before I learned that this was also #Noirember per some film bloggers. While I love film noir, it was too late to change directions and besides, it's good to be a little different, isn't it?

Began working on a new future review of 3 Men in White (1944), starring Lionel Barrymore, Van Johnson and with Ava Gardner in one of her first credited roles. About 2400 words into this one. With the holidays a-coming, time is precious and sometimes writing suffers, so I hope to finish this one later this week before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment