Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Week in Writing #64

Still finding it hard to find time to write. I think I'm finally starting to adjust to the time change, but it seems like my commute has gotten longer, so I'm spending more time in the car and getting home later. Things seem to spiral away from there. And there are some nights when I find that I can't get to writing for whatever reason. Hopefully that will change, but life is not always conducive to spending an hour or two at a laptop.

My writing this week has consisted mostly of reviews for the blog. Over the week, I finished  and published about 1000 words on Spectre as well as two future reviews: 1700 words on Hard to Handle (1933) and 2600 words on Our Miss Brooks (1956), the film, not the radio or TV show. The length of the reviews has nothing to do with the quality of the films, just how long it takes to tell the story and any sort of write up about the production or the actors.

In addition to the Spectre review on Thursday, published one for Fatty and Mabel Adrift (1916) on Saturday on Trophy Unlocked. Not my most productive week.

Did hear back on a query. It was one that I had sent out on July 4th, so it was only four months ago. No surprise that it was a rejection form letter.

Still waiting on word from my editor. Trying to be patient.

And no word about my TV show pitch, but I'm pretty sure things don't work that fast. Trying to be patient there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment