Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Week in Writing #45

I finally got a hold of my editor. No car trouble on his part, but computer issues. Nice to know that he's still alive after a month. No edits yet, but hopefully soon. I had hoped I'd get something over the holiday weekend, but so far no word.

In the meantime, I continued work on rewriting Familiar Stranger. Got a couple of thousand words in, but got derailed a little bit. Last worked on it at about 6:30 in the morning on Thursday, but I must admit I let being off work on Friday slow me down after that as the weekend started one day sooner than normal.

I spent some of that time prepping reviews for the blog, including getting one ready to post while away at Comic-Con. I also managed to write a couple of reviews, including a future one for The Threat (1949), another film noir from the Summer of Darkness. Published two, including They Won't Believe Me (1947) and the other for Terminator: Genisys (2015).

Started work on another late night comic script. I like the concept, but at about a handwritten page a night, it'll take some time to get it all done. Not trying to complete it before Comic-Con and probably won't. Speaking of which, Comic-Con will put a temporary end to any writing. I know from experience that there is no time and after twelve hours on my feet, I won't have the stamina to get anything done.

I did send out some queries over the weekend. I had thought I'd send ten, but I stopped after eight. I find that I really hate the process. I always feel that I'm putting myself on the line, that I'm being judged on every word and that any mistake will be the excuse for an agent to say no. Sent out four for A Killer Blog and four for Past Present. I really want to get Public and Private done so I can start querying something new. You know I don't get enough rejections with only two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment