Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Week in Writing #30

More rejections and DNRs from agents; one of the former and two of the latter varieties. Can't help it, but they hurt about the same amount. I tend not to put too much into rejections based solely on the query letter, which is what this one was. Without a writing sample, I can convince myself they don't know what they're talking about. Still, would be really nice to get a piece of positive feedback for a change.

Did manage to get one query off this weekend for A Killer Blog. Had to rewrite my basic query letter to fit the agency's requirements. It was interesting to have to rethink the story summary again.

For the first time in a long while, I didn't write a new movie review this weekend. Did post one for Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie on Trophy Unlocked. This marks the last post for Space Month on the blog.

Wanted to spend the weekend on my rewrite of the ending of Public and Private, which I finished on Sunday morning and sent back to my editor. While I wait for him to respond, I think I'll go through and update the entire manuscript with the other edits.

Hopefully, by this time next week, I'll have made the updates to Public and Private and hopefully get a few more queries out for A Killer Blog and Past Present. As always, I'll keep you posted on how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment